BioTrust IC-5 Reviews – Is The Supplement Safe and Effective?
I wanted to write a review of BioTrust’s IC-5 supplement because a lot of the reviews I have seen look like marketing and not written by a real person. If IC-5 really does support healthy blood sugar, increase insulin sensitivity, and move carbs to muscles instead of fat, I wanted to know why that is the case – not hear a bunch of nonsense that repeats, “This product is great!” over and over again. So, let’s take a look at what IC-5 is, who created it, what the ingredients are, and some other stats to help make a true buying decision.
What Is IC-5?
It is a supplement that claims to increase insulin sensitivity and help with blood sugar management. BioTrust says that it does this with five ingredients that have been researched and backed by science. It claims to be the only supplement on the market that utilizes this unique formula, and the tagline associated with this product is, “If you are eating carbs, then you should be using IC-5.”
What I do know, is that carbs are much like sugar when it comes to affecting blood sugar and insulin sensitivity. According to the movie FED UP, carbs and sugar can both wreak havoc on the body and are responsible for the obesity epidemic that we are facing right now. Eliminating them from our diets is the answer to losing weight and better health. So, as we reduce our carb and sugar intake, adding IC-5 could help us experience even better results if their claims are true.
About BioTrust Nutrition
I’ve dealt with this company before in my research, and I do like them. I find that they are quick to answer any concerns that I have through their Facebook page, forum, and by email. This is why I turn to them so often. They always provide me with an insightful response to my questions and concerns, and it is apparent that they know what they are talking about.
Besides that, they say that they are committed to producing the best supplements on the market. But, any company can say that, right? It’s proof that makes BioTrust stand out among the supplement crowd.
Their team of staff seems legit and educated (you can check out their bios on the BioTrust site) and their mission statement appears to be one of a legit and morally sound company. For instance, you can read about what they have been able to do charity-wise, and the co-founders can be seen in actual pictures to validate what they say.
I may earn compensation for my review of this BioTrust product.
There are 5 ingredients in IC-5. I know that BioTrust says they use the most natural ingredients and ensure that they provide the exact amount that they say on the bottle, but I wanted to check out the ingredients through other sources to see if they are really beneficial to insulin sensitivity, blood sugar, and moving carbs to muscle instead of converting them into instant fat.
I found at least one resource for each ingredient to back up what was being said.
- Cinnamon Bark: According to WebMD, there have been a number of studies that have shown improved blood sugar levels when cinnamon is a part of the diet. This research has demonstrated that blood sugar can be decreased and insulin resistance can also be decreased. However, people with liver damage may want to avoid this spice because it has been shown to worsen liver issues in large amounts, and BioTrust’s IC-5 has quite a high amount per serving.
- Berberis Aristata Root Bark Extract: According to a study published by Pharmacology Online, this extract has been shown to lower the glucose levels in normal and diabetic rats. BioTrust claims that it can improve the single between insulin and the receptors associated with it, and they have indicated some studies to back up their claims.
- Zychrome: This ingredient has been shown to promote insulin sensitivity and healthy insulin function. Taking 400μg of Zychrome daily for 12 weeks has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity by 30%.
- Benfotiamine: This helps burn off and block the body’s ability to manufacture Advanced Glycation End-Products (AGEs). According to one recent study, if Benfotiamine is consumed before a meal with carbohydrates that was also high in AGEs was markedly effective at improving carbohydrate management and reducing harmful AGEs within hours.
- Naringin: This is a flavonoid that is found naturally in grapefruits and some other citrus fruits. Naringin has been shown to inhibit P-glycoprotein (P-gp) which is a compound that can reduce the absorption of Berberine by as much as 90%.
After researching all 5 ingredients, I did see a few different studies that indicated it could do what BioTrust is claiming it to do. Granted, some of the studies were done on rats, but there is still evidence behind the claims.
- There is research and studies to back up the claims being made.
- BioTrust has a solid reputation in the supplement industry, and they wouldn’t ruin that by making ridiculous claims.
- They guarantee their supplements.
- All the ingredients are natural and considered safe for healthy people.
- While there is research and studies ongoing, there are not an overwhelming amount. In other words, these ingredients are shown to work, but the proof is not substantial yet.
- Cannot use this supplement, according to BioTrust, if you are pregnant, nursing, at risk for diabetes, or currently being treated for diabetes.
Where To Buy
You can purchase IC-5 directly from the BioTrust website. They offer a secure checkout and your products can be shipped to anywhere in the world.
Also, BioTrust offers a 1-year money back guarantee when you buy IC-5. You simply have to return the unused portion or empty bottle to take advantage of this. Their return policy is clearly stated on their website.
Is It Worth The Price?
The ingredients are safe, and if you want to try out the supplement, then it is definitely worth a try, especially with the money back guarantee. You really have nothing to lose. Just make sure you write your own BioTrust IC-5 review and publish it somewhere to let other people see more real reviews written by real people.